A roundtable co-hosted by the Animal Law & Policy Program and the Program on Law and Society in the Muslim World to assess the potential for establishing a humane education initiative in Egypt.
On June 12 and 13, 2019, the Animal Law & Policy Program partnered with the Program on Law and Society in the Muslim World to convene experts and stakeholders to participate in a roundtable to assess the potential for establishing a humane education initiative in Egypt. The roundtable included a discussion of possible subject matter for instruction, potential institutional partners, and other ancillary benefits or challenges that may arise from such an endeavor. Our goal was to come away with an outline for a project proposal that then can be developed further in the coming months. All of the participants found the Roundtable to be extremely productive and promising and we look forward to the next steps as we lay out a concrete plan for developing and implementing the initiative.
- Meena Alagappan, Executive Director, Humane Education Advocates Reaching Teachers (HEART)
- Motaz Attalla, Program Officer and Technical Advisor, Garfield Foundation
- Hoda Baraka, Global Communications Director, 350.org
- Nancy Barr, Former Director of Education and Social Change, International Fund for Animal Welfare; Media Consultant, HEART
- Hanan Elrihany, Director of Education, Misr El Khayr
- Nuri Friedlander, PhD Candidate, Study of Religion, Harvard Divinity School
- Chris Green, Executive Director, Harvard Animal Law & Policy Program
- Shatha Hamade, Legal Counsel, Animals Australia / Animals International
- Ceallaigh Reddy, Program Administrator, Harvard Animal Law & Policy Program
- Bayan Shaban, Project Director, Princess Alia Foundation
- Kristen Stilt, Professor, Harvard Law School; Faculty Director, Harvard Animal Law & Policy Program
- Salma Waheedi, Associate Director, Harvard Program on Law and Society in the Muslim World; Lecturer on Law and Clinical Instructor, HLS International Human Rights Clinic
- Dawood Yasin, Director of the Division of Student Life, Zaytuna College