Every other week each academic year more than a dozen participants meet for afternoon sessions of our Animal Law & Policy Workshop Series to review and critique drafts of each other’s scholarship in progress.
- October 1: Steve Niemi, “Harm-Benefit Analyses Can Be Harmful.”
- October 15: Nuggehalli Jayasimha, “Helping Companies Meet Cage-free Commitments in Asia through Cage-free Credits.”
- October 29: Gale Rasin, “Animal Hoarding: One Judge’s Perspective.”
- November 12: Jim Keen, “A Tapestry of Cruelty and Waste––Failed Federal Intramural Animal Research.”
- December 3: Hadar Aviram, “Standing Trial for Lily: “Criminal Legal Consciousness” and Legal Mobilization Strategy Among Open Rescuers from Factory Farms.”
- December 10: Saskia Stucki, “Humanizing the “War on Animals”: “Animal Warfare Law” and the Formation of a Complementary Animal Rights Regime.”