“Article 72 (Healthy Living Environment)
Everyone has the right in accordance with the law to a healthy living environment. The state shall promote a healthy living environment. To this end, the conditions and manner in which economic and other activities are pursued shall be established by law.
The law shall establish under which conditions and to what extent a person who has damaged the living environment is obliged to provide compensation.
The protection of animals from cruelty shall be regulated by law.”
Constitution of the Republic of Slovenia: 23 December 1991 (as Amended to 27 February 2003) Part III Economic and Social Relations, Art. 72
Available at: http://www.us-rs.si/media/constitution.pdf
• Case No U-I-315/04 (9 September 2004) CC
• Brecelj, A, ‘The Example of Slovenia’ in Ethical Eye – Animal Welfare (Council of Europe 2006) 199.
• Krstić, N, ‘Animal Protection from Killing and Abuse in the European and Serbian Criminal Law’ (2012) 10.1 Facta Universitatas—Law and Politics 43.
• Novak, A, e-mail correspondence on file with authors (2016). ?
• Ramet, SP, ‘Slovenia’s Road to Democracy’ (1993) 45.5 Europe-Asia Studies 869.
• Škrk, M, ‘Case Law of the Constitutional Court of Slovenia and the Protection of the Environment’ (2012) 4 DANUBE Las and Economics Review 31.